Friday, December 10, 2010

Snow!

It snowed so much here on Wednesday! I've been hoping it would snow before I leave so I was totally into it, but it definitely caused some complications... the buses weren't running and the airport was shut down for a while. Luckily I was neither bussing or flying anywhere! And my Canadian-ness finally paid off - navigating through snow is second nature for me, but the Parisians definitely lost some of their composure.

It was cold enough that I didn't venture too far away from my apartment, so I ended up at the Pantheon. The crypt was actually amazing, and seeing Rousseau and Voltaire definitely stirred up some sentiment for my days in undergrad studying political theory. Foucault's pendulum was also pretty incredible - it's kind of mesmerizing to just watch the ball go back and forth and change angles.

Here are some pictures from the snowfall and the Pantheon, and a few of yesterday's amazing sunset from the Tuileries...








From my apartment...




No comments:

Post a Comment