Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Salad and a Sunset - Just what the doctor ordered

The start of the day was not so great - I think the jet lag went straight to my stomach. I, very smartly, packed some gravol so took some and spent the majority of the day recovering and sleeping. Even though I was sick, it still felt really good to do nothing and not feel guilty about it. Another plus was that I was up early enough to skype Matt (my boyfriend, although I doubt anyone who is reading this doesn't know him) back home. He's coming next Sunday and I'm super excited!

Anyway, after I got up this afternoon (yes, 4 o'clock in the afternoon!) I went to get some food. I tried to go the Monoprix closest to me but could only find a Franprix - Maybe they're the same? It doesn't matter to me because they're both amazing. I got some pasta, lettuce, cheese, and other delicious things I don't remember. I ended up having the best salad of my life when I got home (my stomach agreed, thankfully!) and then I went for a walk along the Seine at sunset. When I came back, I decided to get a crepe from the place right across the street from my apartment. I made friends with the crepe-maker, a really cute girl from South Korea, which was an awesome idea because she's super nice and gave me a deal - so now I have a reliable source for lemony sugar-filled goodness.

Here's some pictures I took from today. I'm feeling almost entirely better and am looking forward to a more eventful tomorrow (lunch with my Mom's friend, and a trip to the Yves Saint Laurent exhibit that I've been wanting to see for ages!)







This is from yesterday, but I love this picture...

1 comment:

  1. I am SO enjoying your posts, already! I LOVE living vicariously through you, for now :) Not sure if you received my first comment/post from yesterday, but the meeting with the Minister was a huge success! He is endorsing the report and our group will be guiding the next steps ;)

    Thank YOU for your marvelous work!
    Elita

    ReplyDelete