Saturday, October 23, 2010

Putting on the Ritz for Graduation

As of sometime this morning (Canada time), I officially became a master!

Of what? I still have to figure that out... Just kidding! Public Administration, of course. Mostly social and health policy. My major project involved writing a policy recommendation report for the provincial government on maternal mental health, so I definitely know a lot about that and general healthcare policy. And my primary academic interest lies in the administration of community based organizations, so I also know a lot about that too.

Anyway, although I finished all my school work in August, today is my convocation day. I’ve never really thought graduation ceremonies were that significant (I definitely didn’t go to the one for my undergrad) but it is nice to have some recognition that I do actually know something kind of important!

To celebrate, I decided to go to the Bar Hemingway at the Ritz. It was amazing, as expected. Its basically the perfect little bar. It has wood panelling, leather chairs, nice lighting, and Hemingway memorabilia everywhere, which somehow doesn’t even seem that kitschy. I asked for something bubbly and light and the bartender made me a champagne julep, which was delicious and served with a fresh white rose as garnish. I just sat at the bar and enjoyed.

On my way out, I realized I hadn’t taken any pictures (its much too chic of a place to whip out your camera) so I managed to get a few as I was leaving. There is a really long hallway with glass cases of designer stuff that served as the backdrop. And I happened to run into a lesbian couple who just got married and were kind enough to take some pictures. So here they are... (I’m a little embarrassed to be posting so many of just myself, but I’ll do it for my mom so she has a choice for the family album! Also, I look like a robot in some of them because I tried to fix my red eye, which always, no-fail happens in every picture I take)





1 comment:

  1. You ROCK, Lindsey!! An ENORMOUS Congratulations! So many of us are grateful that you're a mastger in maternal mental health ~ www.skmaternalmentalthealth.ca! And...you're stunningly GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete