Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mattress Mission to My Louboutins

In the last 24 hours we’ve gone from an Ikea in the suburbs to a cool bar behind the Louvre (wearing my most favorite pair of shoes!)

I’m generally not orthopedically picky, but the mattress that came with my apartment was unbearable - so much so that Matt nicknamed it ‘The Plank.’ We obviously managed for the first few weeks, but could never sleep through the night and had serious body aches. My landlady tried to be really helpful and brought over some mattress cover thing, but it was pretty ineffective. So we decided to make the trek to the nearest Ikea - which turned out to be way south of the city in total sketch-ville. We managed to make it there (a feat in itself) and then had to sort through aisles of different mattresses. Thankfully Matt was there, otherwise I think I’d still be passed out on one of the tester beds. And he managed to haul the mattress home on the train! I was pretty impressed... So now the bed is super comfy, my bones feel really happy, and the experience wasn’t all that bad - its always good to see how diverse Parisian life can be.

From there we took a total 180 and decided to dress up and go for a drink. We went to La Fumoir, a bar that’s apparently legend for fashion celebrity sightings (...I’ll be back during Fashion Week!) Its right across the street from the back of the Louvre and was packed. We managed to get a seat and had an amazing cocktail. There were no famous people last night (at least that I could recognize) but it was fun just eavesdropping into the conversations around us.

Definitely my favorite moment of the night happened before the bar... I bought a pair of crystal embellished, red, strappy Louboutins last summer (on sale and when I was working, obviously) that I had never worn, and I decided to finally take them out last night. We were drinking some wine on the Pont Neuf on the way to La Fumoir, and an older Parisian women stopped as she walked by, pointed at my shoes, basically yelled “Magnifique!” and then just kept going - it was hilarious! At least I have the older Parisians on my side style wise.


A falafel picture that was left out from the last post


Matt and the Mattress



Random ones from walking around





From our lunch... so good


All dressed up!


No comments:

Post a Comment